Upload your photo here.
Shrimp Corn Fritters with Red Pepper Sauce
- Finely shred the peel of the lemons. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor add two-thirds of the shrimp and half of the finely shredded lemon peel. Cover and process with several on/off turns until the mixture becomes a fine paste.
- Transfer the shrimp paste to a large bowl. Add the remaining shrimp (roughly chopped), remaining lemon peel, corn kernels, green onions, parsley, jalapeno, and salt; mix well.
- Using clean hands, form 8 patties from the shrimp and corn mixture. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- In a blender or food processor, blend or process the yogurt, roasted red peppers, hot red pepper, lemon juice, garlic, honey, if using, and salt. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Working in two batches, add shrimp cakes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the bottoms have become golden and crispy.
- Flip cakes and cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until golden and crispy and the shrimp is opaque. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm. Repeat with remaining cakes. Serve with Red Pepper Yogurt Sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
Because hot chile peppers, such as (jalapenos, others), contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with chiles as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.
Nutrition Facts (Shrimp Corn Fritters with Red Pepper Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 219 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 9 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 92 mg chol.,
- 436 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 16 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet