Shrimp Boil Macaroni Salad
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse well under cold water. Set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp, reserving shells. In the center of a 15x15-inch square of double thickness cheesecloth combine shrimp shells, bay leaf, and 2 sprigs fresh thyme. Bring up cheesecloth sides and tie with clean kitchen string. In a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven combine broth, onion, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 2 tsp. Old Bay® seasoning and cheesecloth bag. Bring to a simmer.
- Add shrimp to the Dutch oven. Simmer 1 minute or until shrimp are opaque; remove with slotted spoon. Add corn to Dutch oven. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes, rearranging corn once. Remove corn and set aside to cool. Add potatoes and sausage to Dutch oven. Simmer, covered, about 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Discard spice bag. When corn is cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cobs.
- For dressing, in a blender combine the reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid, 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning, lemon peel, and 1/4 cup lemon juice. With blender running, slowly add oil.
- In a large bowl combine macaroni, corn kernels, shrimp, potatoes, and sausage. Add dressing and 1 Tbsp. thyme; toss gently to combine. Serve at once or cover and chill up to 24 hours. If desired, top with fresh thyme and a sprinkle of Old Bay® seasoning. Pass lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Shrimp Boil Macaroni Salad)
- Per serving:
- 247 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 56 mg chol. ,
- 329 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 12 g pro.
Carol Nesbitt 1577 Days Ago
I took this dish to share with friends and family. Everyone loved it! I did make one change. Rather than boil ears of corn and then remove the kernels, I used a bag of frozen roasted corn kernels. It tasted great and was less labor intensive!