- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 8 hrs to 10 hrs (low) or 4 to 5 hours (high)
Shredded Pork Salad
2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
large onions, quartered
fresh jalapeno chile peppers, cut up
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoons ground coriander
teaspoons ground cumin
teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
teaspoon black pepper
cups Bibb lettuce leaves or shredded lettuce
cup finely shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces) (optional)
Bottled salsa (optional)
Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Place meat in the cooker. Add the water, onions, jalapeno peppers, garlic, coriander, cumin, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker; discard cooking liquid. Using two forks, shred meat. To serve, spoon warm meat on lettuce. If desired, top with cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts (Shredded Pork Salad)
- Per serving:
- 198 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 77 mg chol.,
- 229 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet