- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cup stir-fry and 1/3 cup cooked rice
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
Sesame-Ginger Beef Stir-Fry
ounces boneless beef sirloin steak
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon ground coriander
teaspoon crushed red pepper
teaspoons sesame oil
medium onion, halved and sliced
cups broccoli florets
medium red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size strips
cups hot cooked brown rice
teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted* (optional)
- If desired, partially freeze beef for easier slicing. Trim fat from meat. Thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together chicken broth, ginger, cornstarch, garlic, coriander, and crushed red pepper; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and sweet pepper; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from wok.
- Add beef strips to hot wok. (Lightly coat unheated skillet with nonstick cooking spray if necessary). Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in center. Push meat from center of wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to wok; stir to coat all ingredients with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve immediately with rice. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seed.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast sesame seeds, scatter them in a dry small skillet and heat over medium heat just until golden. Stir frequently so they don't burn.
Nutrition Facts (Sesame-Ginger Beef Stir-Fry)
- Per serving:
- 255 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 36 mg chol.,
- 212 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet