Sesame Chicken Nuggets with Green Beans
pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
cup sesame seeds
teaspoon ground black pepper
eggs, lightly beaten
large carrot, thinly sliced and coarsely chopped
tablespoons cider vinegar
14 1/2 ounce can cut green beans, drained
Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Cut chicken into 1-1/2-inch pieces. In a shallow dish combine flour, sesame seeds, pepper, and salt. Place eggs in another shallow dish. Dip chicken pieces into flour mixture, then into eggs, then into flour mixture again to coat. Set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat about 1/2 inch oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces, half at a time, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through (170 degrees F). Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet combine carrot, honey, vinegar, and the water. Bring to boiling. Stir in green beans. Add chicken; stir to coat. If desired, serve over hot cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts(Sesame Chicken Nuggets with Green Beans)
- Per serving:
- 520 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 13 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 201 mg chol.,
- 747 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 26 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet