- Makes: 4 servings
- Yields: Makes 8 appetizer servings.
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 2 mins
Seared Scallop-Tequila Shooters
fresh or frozen sea scallops
ripe mango, halved, seeded and peeled
tablespoons pineapple or orange juice
tablespoons agave nectar or honey
teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
teaspoon ground coriander
Salt and ground black pepper
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Halve any large scallops. Cut about a quarter of the mango into 1/2-inch cubes; set aside. Place remaining mango into a blender with pineapple juice. Cover and blend until smooth. Divide pureed mango mixture into eight shot glasses; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine agave, ground chipotle chile pepper, and coriander. Pat scallops dry with paper toweling. Brush scallops with the agave mixture. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet cook scallops in hot butter over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until opaque and golden, turning halfway through. Remove scallops from skillet; insert a toothpick into each. Thread 1 or 2 cubes reserved mango onto top of each pick.
- Pour about 2 teaspoons tequila over mango puree in each shot glass. Add 1 scallop-mango pick to each shot glass.
Nutrition Facts (Seared Scallop-Tequila Shooters)
- Per serving:
- 88 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 14 mg chol.,
- 216 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet