- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini (about 5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh lemon thyme or snipped fresh thyme
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 8 ounces fresh cooked crabmeat,* chopped (1-1/2 cups)
- 2 large red and/or yellow tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1 large lemon or lime, cut into wedges (optional)
- Tomato-Sour Cream Dipping Sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced yellow and red tomatoes
- 1 - 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. In a large skillet heat 2 teaspoons of the cooking oil. Cook and stir the zucchini and green onions about 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and the liquid is evaporated. Cool slightly.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the beaten egg, bread crumbs, Dijon-style mustard, lemon thyme, and, if desired, red pepper. Add the zucchini mixture and crabmeat; mix well. Using about 1/4 cup of the mixture for each crab cake, shape into 8 patties, 1/2 inch thick and 2-1/2 inches in diameter. Brush both sides of the crab cakes lightly with the remaining 4 teaspoons of oil.
3. Place crab cakes directly on a lightly oiled, preheated grill rack. Grill crab cakes on an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
4. To serve, overlap 2 crab cakes on individual salad plates along with sliced tomatoes. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and lemon or lime wedges, if desired. Serve with Tomato-Sour Cream Dipping Sauce. Makes 4 side-dish servings (2 crab cakes with 2 tablespoons sauce).Tomato-Sour Cream Dipping Sauce::
5. In a small mixing bowl stir together dairy sour cream, minced yellow and red tomatoes, lemon or lime juice, and seasoned salt. Cover and chill. Serve with crab cakes. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Purchase about 1-1/4 pounds crab legs to get 8 ounces crabmeat.
- Prepare Tomato-Sour Cream Dipping Sauce; cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 277,
- Fat, total (g) 16,
- chol. (mg) 123,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 16,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 17,
- vit. A (RE) 175,
- vit. C (mg) 23,
- sodium (mg) 424,
- calcium (mg) 101,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet