Tuna with Vegetables and Linguine
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Cut into 1-inch cubes. Discard any skin and bones. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together wine, thyme, salt, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add broccoli; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add sweet pepper; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok.
- Add tuna to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 3 to 6 minutes or until tuna flakes easily, being careful not to break up pieces. Return cooked vegetables to the wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to the wok. Add cooked linguine. Gently toss all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Remove from heat. Serve immediately. Sprinkle each serving with Romano or Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare vegetables; cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Tuna with Vegetables and Linguine)
- Per serving:
- 512 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 57 mg chol.,
- 574 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 38 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet