- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 4 medium oranges, peeled, sectioned, and coarsely chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 fresh or frozen tuna or sea bass steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. For salsa, in a medium bowl combine the orange peel, chopped oranges, tomato, cilantro, green onion, walnuts, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Set aside.
2. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
3. In a small bowl combine cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Brush the fish with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with cumin mixture.
4. Place fish on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, gently turning once halfway through broiling. Spoon the salsa over fish. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 262,
- Fat, total (g) 12,
- chol. (mg) 43,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 11,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 28,
- vit. A (RE) 762,
- vit. C (mg) 45,
- sodium (mg) 343,
- calcium (mg) 50,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Fruit () 1,
- Lean Meat () 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet