Truffled Lobster Macaroni and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon; set aside. Add mushrooms and leeks to the reserved drippings; cook about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir crumbled bacon, mushroom mixture, lobster meat, Gruyere cheese, half-and-half, blue cheese, truffle oil, and cayenne pepper into cooked pasta. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Stir gently. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over pasta mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes more or until mixture is heated through and crumbs are lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
For 8 ounces cooked lobster meat, start with two 8-ounce fresh or frozen lobster tails. Thaw lobster, if frozen. Preheat broiler. Butterfly the lobster tails by cutting through the center of the hard top shells and meat. Spread the tail halves apart. Place lobster tails, meat sides up, on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 12 to 14 minutes or until lobster meat is opaque. Remove meat from shells.
Nutrition Facts (Truffled Lobster Macaroni and Cheese)
- Per serving:
- 693 kcal cal.,
- 36 g fat
- (19 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 115 mg chol.,
- 996 mg sodium,
- 56 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet