Tilapia with Ginger-Marinated Cucumbers
- Preheat broiler. In a medium bowl stir together the vinegar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, ginger, and salt until sugar dissolves. Remove 1/4 cup of the mixture. Add cucumbers and half of the mint to remaining mixture; toss to coat and set aside.
- Lightly coat the rack of an unheated broiler pan with cooking spray; add tilapia. Brush the 1/4 cup vinegar mixture over the fish. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl combine yogurt, remaining mint, and 1 teaspoon brown sugar.
- Use a slotted spoon to place cucumbers onto serving plates. Top with fish and yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with strips of lemon peel and cracked peppercorns. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt, nonstick cooking spray, pepper corns
Nutrition Facts (Tilapia with Ginger-Marinated Cucumbers)
- Per serving:
- 210 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 59 mg chol.,
- 388 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 19 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet