- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 6 inches whole wheat pita bread rounds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup sliced fresh shiitake or button mushrooms
- 2/3 cup fresh pea pods cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup packaged coarsely shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast or turkey breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup bottled peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Place pita bread rounds on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake about 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp, turning once.
2. Meanwhile, lightly coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, pea pods, and carrot to hot skillet; cook about 3 minutes or just until tender. Stir in chicken breast and green onions. Remove from heat.
3. Carefully spread each hot pita bread round with 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce. Top with hot vegetable mixture; sprinkle with peanuts. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 359,
- Fat, total (g) 8,
- chol. (mg) 45,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 49,
- fiber (g) 7,
- pro. (g) 26,
- sodium (mg) 579,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet