- Makes: 4 servings
- Grill: 15 mins to 20 mins
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
pound fresh or frozen sea scallops
medium yellow summer squash and/or zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
cups packaged peeled baby carrots
Freshly ground black pepper
cup purchased sweet-and-sour sauce
tablespoons snipped fresh basil
teaspoon Thai seasoning or five-spice powder
teaspoon purchased minced garlic
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Fold a 36x18-inch piece of heavy foil in half to make an 18-inch square. Place squash and carrots in center of foil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bring up 2 opposite edges of foil; seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges to completely enclose vegetables, leaving space for steam to build.
- Grill packets on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- For sauce, stir together sweet-and-sour sauce, basil, Thai seasoning, and garlic in a bowl. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting. Reserve remaining sauce until ready to serve.
- Thread scallops onto four 8- to 10-inch skewers, 1/8 inch apart. Place kabobs on grill rack next to vegetables the last 5 to 8 minutes of grilling or until scallops are opaque, turning and brushing once with basting sauce halfway through cooking. Pass remaining sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Thai-Spiced Scallops)
- 196 kcal cal.;
- 1 g Fat, total;
- 37 mg chol.;
- 23 g carb.;
- 2 g fiber;
- 20 g pro.;
- 2 Lean Meat;
- 19 mg vit. C;
- 7726 IU vit. A;
- 1 mg iron;
- 50 mg calcium;
- 575 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet