- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops
- 2 medium yellow summer squash and/or zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups packaged peeled baby carrots
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup purchased sweet-and-sour sauce
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Thai seasoning or five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon purchased minced garlic
1. Thaw scallops, if frozen. Fold a 36x18-inch piece of heavy foil in half to make an 18-inch square. Place squash and carrots in center of foil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bring up 2 opposite edges of foil; seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges to completely enclose vegetables, leaving space for steam to build.
2. Grill packets on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
3. For sauce, stir together sweet-and-sour sauce, basil, Thai seasoning, and garlic in a bowl. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting. Reserve remaining sauce until ready to serve.
4. Thread scallops onto four 8- to 10-inch skewers, 1/8 inch apart. Place kabobs on grill rack next to vegetables the last 5 to 8 minutes of grilling or until scallops are opaque, turning and brushing once with basting sauce halfway through cooking. Pass remaining sauce. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 196,
- Fat, total (g) 1,
- chol. (mg) 37,
- carb. (g) 23,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 20,
- vit. A (IU) 7726,
- vit. C (mg) 19,
- sodium (mg) 575,
- calcium (mg) 50,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Lean Meat () 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet