Thai Shrimp Kabobs
13 1/2 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
teaspoons finely shredded lime peel
tablespoons lime juice
teaspoons green curry paste
teaspoons fish sauce
teaspoon grated fresh ginger
pound peeled and deveined large shrimp (about 26 to 30)
cups hot cooked rice
Lime wedges (optional)
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes. In a small bowl stir together the coconut milk, lime peel, lime juice, sugar, curry paste, fish sauce, and ginger.
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl. Pour 1/2 cup of the coconut milk mixture over shrimp. Cover shrimp and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining milk mixture.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. Thread shrimp onto pairs of metal or wooden skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. (Using two skewers makes turning easier.)
- For a charcoal grill, place skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque, turning skewers once. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers on grill rack. Cover and grill as above.)
- Meanwhile, heat reserved coconut milk mixture over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes (mixture will be thin). Serve with shrimp and rice. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Thai Shrimp Kabobs)
- Per serving:
- 420 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 172 mg chol.,
- 350 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 2 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet