Thai Shrimp Kabobs
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes. In a small bowl stir together the coconut milk, lime peel, lime juice, sugar, curry paste, fish sauce, and ginger.
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl. Pour 1/2 cup of the coconut milk mixture over shrimp. Cover shrimp and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining milk mixture.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. Thread shrimp onto pairs of metal or wooden skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. (Using two skewers makes turning easier.)
- For a charcoal grill, place skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque, turning skewers once. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers on grill rack. Cover and grill as above.)
- Meanwhile, heat reserved coconut milk mixture over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes (mixture will be thin). Serve with shrimp and rice. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Thai Shrimp Kabobs)
- Per serving:
- 420 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 172 mg chol.,
- 350 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 2 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet