Spicy Red Snapper with Mango Salsa
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 4 serving-size pieces. Measure thickness of fish. In a small bowl combine lime juice and water; brush onto fish. In another small bowl combine paprika, salt, ginger, allspice, and black pepper; rub onto fish.
- Arrange the fish in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 450 degree F oven until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. (Allow 4 to 6 minutes for each 1/2 inch of thickness.)
- To serve, brush the fish with pan juices. Serve with Mango Salsa. If desired, garnish with lime wedges and cilantro or parsley sprigs. Makes 4 servings.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine mango, peeled, seeded, and chopped (about 1-1/2 cups); red sweet pepper, seeded and finely chopped; green onion; Scotch bonnet or hot green chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped; olive oil; finely shredded lime peel; lime juice; vinegar; salt; and ground black pepper. Makes about 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Spicy Red Snapper with Mango Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 260 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 41 mg chol.,
- 536 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet