Chili powder, cumin, and brown sugar make a sweet and savory rub for this grilled salmon main dish recipe.
- In small bowl mix chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Rub spice mixture on salmon. Brush cabbage wedges with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- On charcoal grill, place salmon and cabbage on greased rack of uncovered grill, directly over medium coals. Grill salmon 4 to 6 minutes for each half-inch of thickness or until it flakes when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through cooking time. Grill cabbage 6 to 8 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, peel carrot and cut in wide strips. Remove fish and cabbage from grill. Coarsely cut cabbage; combine with carrot and 1 to 2 tablespoons remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with oranges. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Spice-Rubbed Salmon)
- Per serving:
- 380 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 10 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 84 mg chol.,
- 284 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet