Speedy Salmon Fillet
As long as you have the grill going for this basil-basted salmon, throw some summer vegetables on, too.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Grill: 4 mins to 6 mins per 1/2-inch thickness
- Rinse fish; pat dry. In a small mixing bowl combine lemon juice, garlic, basil, oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper; brush mixture over fish. If desired, place fish fillets in a greased grill basket, turning thin ends under to make an even thickness.
- Grill on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill fillets 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, brushing halfway through grilling with remaining sauce. (If fish is 1 inch or thicker, turn halfway through grilling.)
- Serve on ti leaves, with lemon wedge and grilled vegetables, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
If using ti leaves, be sure they have not been sprayed or treated in a way that would make them unsafe for contact with food. Wash them thoroughly before using. Ti leaves can be used as garnish and as wrappers for steaming and grilling food. Although they are not toxic, they should not be eaten.
- Per serving:
- 157 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 59 mg chol.,
- 181 mg sodium,
- 1 g carb.,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet