Cornmeal, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and herbs make the crispy coating for the fried fish in this Southern dinner recipe.
- Makes: 2 servings
- Serving Size: 3 ounces cooked fish
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
ounces fresh or frozen catfish fillets, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
egg white, lightly beaten
tablespoons yellow cornmeal
tablespoons finely chopped poblano pepper
tablespoon fine dry bread crumbs
tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
tablespoon canola oil
Lime wedges (optional)
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Cut into 2 serving-size pieces, if necessary. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish combine egg white and water. In another shallow dish combine the cornmeal, chopped poblano pepper, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and salt. Place flour in a third shallow dish. Dip each piece of fish in flour, then in egg mixture, then coat evenly with cornmeal mixture.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add the fish and fry for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- If desired, serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Sizzling Catfish)
- Per serving:
- 310 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 55 mg chol.,
- 296 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBreakfast and Brunch Fish and Seafood Recipes, Diabetic Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Fish and Seafood Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Shellfish Recipes