- Thaw fish, if frozen. Cut into 2 serving-size pieces, if necessary. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish combine egg white and water. In another shallow dish combine the cornmeal, chopped poblano pepper, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and salt. Place flour in a third shallow dish. Dip each piece of fish in flour, then in egg mixture, then coat evenly with cornmeal mixture.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add the fish and fry for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- If desired, serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Sizzling Catfish)
- Per serving:
- 310 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 55 mg chol.,
- 296 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 22 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet