Simple Salsa Fish
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Preheat broiler. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. In a small bowl combine salsa and garlic; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan bring broth to boiling. Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat. Let stand about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir in green onion.
- Meanwhile, measure thickness of fish. Place fish on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan. Sprinkle fish lightly with salt and pepper.
- Broil about 4 inches from the heat just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Allow 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish. (If fillets are 1 inch thick or more, turn once halfway through broiling.) Spoon salsa mixture over fish; broil about 1 minute more or until salsa is heated through. Arrange fish on couscous mixture. Serve with lime wedges.
- Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Facts (Simple Salsa Fish)
- Per serving:
- 265 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 22 mg chol.,
- 529 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet