- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 cups water
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound fresh or frozen peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared Creole-style or German-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash of bottled hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive or salad oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- Lettuce leaves
1. In a saucepan combine water, lemon, bay leaves, garlic, salt, and red pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
2. Turn heat to high. Add shrimp. Simmer for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain off liquid and discard lemon and bay leaves. Cool shrimp.
3. In a small mixer bowl combine vinegar, mustard, horseradish, paprika, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Slowly add olive or salad oil, beating well with an electric mixer. Stir in green onions and snipped parsley.
4. In a medium mixing bowl stir together cooked shrimp and oil mixture. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours, stirring shrimp occasionally.
5. Using a slotted spoon, spoon shrimp mixture atop lettuce on a platter. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
- cal. (kcal) 167,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 129,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 18,
- vit. A (IU) 340,
- vit. C (mg) 8,
- sodium (mg) 392,
- calcium (mg) 71,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet