Lemon, garlic, and white wine characterize this exceptionally easy, but oh-so-elegant, entree.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. In a medium bowl toss shrimp with flour until coated. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together wine, lemon juice, capers, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place margarine or butter in a wok or large skillet. (Add more margarine as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat until margarine is melted. Stir-fry garlic in margarine for 15 seconds.
- Add half of the shrimp to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque. Remove shrimp from the wok. Repeat with remaining shrimp; remove all shrimp from the wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to the hot wok. Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and reduces slightly. Return shrimp to the wok. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through. Serve immediately over rice.Garnish with lemon slices, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Shrimp Piccata)
- Per serving:
- 247 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 174 mg chol.,
- 405 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet