Serve this seafood and vegetable low-fat frittata for breakfast or dinner.
- Makes: 3 servings
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
ounces fresh or frozen shrimp in shells
9 ounce package frozen artichoke hearts
cups refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
cup fat-free milk
cup thinly sliced green onions
teaspoon garlic powder
Nonstick cooking spray
Cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional)
Italian parsley (optional)
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp. Rinse shrimp; pat dry. Halve shrimp lengthwise; set aside. Meanwhile, cook artichoke hearts according to package directions; drain. Cut artichoke hearts in quarters; set aside.
- Stir together egg product, milk, green onions, garlic powder, and pepper; set aside.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp to skillet; cook shrimp for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet; do not stir. As the egg mixture sets, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting edges to allow liquid to run underneath. Continue cooking and lifting edges until mixture is almost set (top will be wet).
- Remove skillet from heat; sprinkle artichoke pieces evenly over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Let stand, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until top is set. Loosen edges of frittata. Transfer to a serving plate; cut into wedges to serve. If desired, garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley. Makes 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Shrimp-Artichoke Frittata)
- Per serving:
- 164 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 45 mg chol.,
- 418 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBreakfast and Brunch Fish and Seafood Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Recipes, Diabetic Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Egg Recipes, Fish and Seafood Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Shellfish Recipes