Shrimp and Feta Cheese Pizza with Rosemary
For your next party, cut this contemporary pizza into 16 wedges and serve it as an appetizer.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Bake: 425°F
- Start to Finish: 45 mins
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Halve shrimp lengthwise; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 1-1/4 cups of the flour, the yeast, herb, 2 cloves minced garlic, and salt. Add water and 2 tablespoons oil. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Divide dough in half. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Grease two 11- to 13-inch pizza pans or baking sheets. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half of dough into a circle 1 inch larger than pizza pan. Transfer dough to pans. Build up edges slightly. Flute edges, if desired. Prick generously with a fork. Do not let rise. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook shrimp and 2 cloves minced garlic in 1 tablespoon oil for 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over hot crusts. Spoon shrimp mixture over mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with olives, feta cheese, green onion, and rosemary.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes more or until mozzarella cheese melts and pizza is heated through. Makes 6 servings.
Prepare pizza dough. Divide into 2 equal portions. Place in plastic freezer bags. Seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in refrigerator before using.
- 403 kcal cal.;
- 17 g Fat, total;
- 82 mg chol.;
- 6 g sat. fat;
- 43 g carb.;
- 21 g pro.;
- 463 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet