- In a small bowl combine lime mayonnaise and garlic; set aside.
- In a 3-quart microwave-safe bowl combine chicken broth and carrots. Microcook, covered, on 100 percent power (high) for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- Uncover carrot mixture. Stir in puttanesca sauce, tomatoes, and fish. Microcook, covered, on 100 percent power (high) for 3 to 4 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily, stirring once halfway through cooking. Stir in spinach. Ladle fish and vegetables into serving bowls. Pass mayonnaise mixture with bread slices to serve with chowder. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Look for lime mayonnaise in the Hispanic food section of supermarkets or in Hispanic markets. If you are unable to find it, use regular mayonnaise combined with 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel.
- In a large skillet cook onion and garlic in olive oil over low heat until tender. Add diced tomatoes, dry red wine or chicken broth, tomato paste, and crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce is desired consistency. Stir in kalamata olives, fresh parsley, anchovy fillets, and capers, drained and chopped. Heat through.
Nutrition Facts (Shore Chowder)
- Per serving:
- 380 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 64 mg chol.,
- 1168 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet