pound fresh or frozen skinless salmon or halibut fillet
cup chopped roasted red sweet pepper
teaspoons lemon juice
teaspoon snipped fresh chives
Salt and ground black pepper
tablespoon white sesame seeds
tablespoon black sesame seeds*
tablespoons cooking oil
Lemon or lime wedges (optional)
Fresh watercress (optional)
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 4 serving size pieces. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, red sweet pepper, lemon juice and chives. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover and chill until serving time.
- In a shallow dish bowl stir together the flour, white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place milk in a shallow dish. Dip salmon in milk. Firmly press both sides of fish in flour mixture.
- In a 10-inch skillet cook fish in hot oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve sauce with fish. If desired, garnish with lemon or lime wedges and fresh watercress.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare sauce; cover and chill up to 24 hours. Prepare fish as directed above. Stir sauce before serving; if necessary, stir in a little extra water.
Nutrition Facts(Sesame-Crusted Salmon)
- Per serving:
- 539 kcal cal.,
- 44 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 78 mg chol.,
- 404 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet