Use the make-ahead directions for the accompanying sauce to reduce preparation time for this seafood main-dish recipe.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 4 serving size pieces. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, red sweet pepper, lemon juice and chives. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover and chill until serving time.
- In a shallow dish bowl stir together the flour, white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place milk in a shallow dish. Dip salmon in milk. Firmly press both sides of fish in flour mixture.
- In a 10-inch skillet cook fish in hot oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve sauce with fish. If desired, garnish with lemon or lime wedges and fresh watercress.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare sauce; cover and chill up to 24 hours. Prepare fish as directed above. Stir sauce before serving; if necessary, stir in a little extra water.
Nutrition Facts (Sesame-Crusted Salmon)
- Per serving:
- 539 kcal cal.,
- 44 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 78 mg chol.,
- 404 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet