Scallops with Orange and Honey
tablespoons olive oil
clove garlic, minced
pound sea scallops
cup orange juice
tablespoon Keemun tea leaves or other Chinese black tea leaves
teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or soy sauce
ounces Chinese egg noodles, rice noodles, or angel hair pasta
Thinly sliced green onion
Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add scallops. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until the scallops just turn opaque. Transfer scallops to a small bowl; cover and keep warm.
- Carefully pour orange juice into skillet, stirring to dislodge any particles adhering to pan. Add the tea leaves; cook and stir mixture for 30 seconds. Add honey, soy sauce, and any scallop liquid from the bowl. Reduce heat; simmer for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Cook Chinese noodles or pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- Strain tea mixture through a fine mesh sieve; return liquid to the pan, discarding solids. Transfer scallops from bowl to pan with a slotted spoon; toss gently to coat with the sauce. To serve, arrange noodles into nests on four warm dinner plates. Top with scallops and sauce. Garnish with green onion and, if desired, cilantro sprigs.
Nutrition Facts(Scallops with Orange and Honey)
- Per serving:
- 265 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 27 mg chol.,
- 604 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet