Put together a simple yet elegant meal for guests in no time with this easy low-fat seafood recipe.
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Cut any large scallops in half.
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet combine water, wine, salt, tarragon, pepper, and garlic. Bring to boiling; add scallops. Cover and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until scallops are opaque. Remove scallops from skillet with a slotted spoon.
- In a small bowl combine milk and flour. Stir into liquid in skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Stir Parmesan cheese into mixture in the skillet. Return scallops to skillet; heat through. Serve scallop mixture over spinach. Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Scallops Florentine)
- Per serving:
- 223 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- 44 mg chol.,
- 694 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet