pound fresh or frozen scallops
10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach
tablespoons dry white wine
teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
clove garlic, minced
cup canned evaporated skim milk
tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Cut any large scallops in half.
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet combine water, wine, salt, tarragon, pepper, and garlic. Bring to boiling; add scallops. Cover and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until scallops are opaque. Remove scallops from skillet with a slotted spoon.
- In a small bowl combine milk and flour. Stir into liquid in skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Stir Parmesan cheese into mixture in the skillet. Return scallops to skillet; heat through. Serve scallop mixture over spinach. Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Scallops Florentine)
- Per serving:
- 223 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- 44 mg chol.,
- 694 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet