- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 medium green sweet pepper, cut into thin strips (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 medium red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous or rice
- Finely shredded lime peel (optional)
1. Thaw scallops, if frozen. Cut any large scallops in half. Set aside.
2. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon lime peel, lime juice, sugar, bouillon granules, and pepper. Set aside.
3. Run cold water over artichoke hearts until partially thawed. Cut any large artichoke hearts in half. Set aside.
4. Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry artichoke hearts and green and red sweet peppers in hot oil for 1-1/2 to 3 minutes or until sweet peppers are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok.
5. Add half of the scallops to the hot wok. Stir-fry about 2 minutes or until scallops turn opaque. Remove scallops from the wok. Repeat with remaining scallops. Return all scallops to the wok. Push scallops from the center of the wok.
6. Stir sauce. Add sauce to the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to the wok. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve immediately over hot cooked couscous or rice. Sprinkle with additional finely shredded lime peel, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Prepare vegetables; cover and chill up to 4 hours before cooking.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 258,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- chol. (mg) 34,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 35,
- pro. (g) 21,
- sodium (mg) 452,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet