Salmon with Fruit Salsa
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 4 serving-size pieces.
- For fruit salsa, in a medium bowl, stir together strawberries, peaches, or nectarines; kiwifruit or apricots; the snipped cilantro; the orange juice or apple juice; and jalapeno chile pepper. Set aside.
- Brush both sides of each fish piece with oil. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Coat the unheated rack of a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place fish on rack. Broil 4 inches from heat for 8 to 12 minutes or just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through broiling. Serve with the fruit salsa. If desired, garnish with cilantro sprigs. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Coat the unheated rack of an uncovered grill with nonstick cooking spray. Place fish on rack directly over medium coals. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes or just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through grilling.
Nutrition Facts(Salmon with Fruit Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 123 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 18 mg chol.,
- 95 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet