- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 4 sheets (18 x 14 inches) frozen phyllo dough , thawed
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 3 1/2 ounce can skinless, boneless salmon, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup buttermilk salad dressing
- Fresh dill, parsley, or thyme
1. Bring cheeses to room temperature. Lightly brush one sheet of phyllo dough with some of the melted margarine or butter. Place another sheet of phyllo on top of the first sheet and brush with margarine or butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo and margarine or butter. Cut phyllo stack lengthwise into three 18-inch-long strips. Cut each strip crosswise into six rectangles.<
2. Press each rectangle gently into a 1-3/4-inch muffin cup, pleating as needed to fit. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Cool for 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
3. Meanwhile, for filling, in a small mixing bowl beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salmon, dillweed, and lemon-pepper seasoning with an electric mixer until combined. Add dressing; beat until combined. Pipe mixture into cooled phyllo cups using tip with a 1/4- to 3/8-inch opening, or spoon a scant 1 tablespoon of mixture into each cup. Garnish with fresh dill, parsley, or thyme. Makes 18 appetizers.
- Prepare phyllo cups and filling. Fill phyllo cups; cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving.