Salmon Hobo Packs
- Sprinkle salmon lightly with salt and pepper; set aside. For glaze, in a small saucepan stir together molasses, brown sugar, and soy sauce; heat just until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Grill salmon directly over medium coals for 6 minutes; turn. Grill for 4 minutes; brush with molasses mixture. Grill for 2 to 4 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with fork, brushing occasionally with glaze. Remove from grill. Cut salmon into 8 pieces. Cover and refrigerate 4 of the portions.
- Tear off four 36x18-inch sheets of heavy foil; fold in half to make 18-inch squares. In a bowl combine beans and squash; toss with mustard. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Divide evenly among foil sheets, placing vegetable mixture in the center. Place a salmon portion on each; spoon on any remaining glaze. Bring up two opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges together to completely enclose, leaving space for steam to build.
- Grill foil packets directly over medium coals for 20 minutes.
- To serve, transfer salmon and vegetables from packets to dinner plates. Combine parsley, lemon peel, and the 14 teaspoon pepper; sprinkle on salmon. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Test Kitchen Tip:
Two-thirds cup hoisin sauce may be substituted for the glaze.
Nutrition Facts (Salmon Hobo Packs)
- Per serving:
- 334 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 67 mg chol.,
- 373 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 20 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet