Salmon Burgers with Lime Mayonnaise
pound fresh salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 1-inch chunks
cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
green onions, thinly sliced
tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
teaspoons grated fresh ginger
clove garlic, minced
eggs, lightly beaten
tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
tablespoon lemon juice
tablespoons vegetable oil
recipe Lime Mayonnaise
Sandwich buns and leaf lettuce (optional)
- Rinse salmon and pat dry; cut into 1-inch chunks. Place salmon in food processor; cover. Pulse 7 times to coarsely grind (do not overprocess); set aside. In bowl combine panko, green onions, cilantro, ginger, garlic, eggs, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Stir in salmon.
- Line a tray with parchment paper or foil. Divide salmon into four (2/3-cup) mounds on the tray. Shape into 1-inch-thick patties. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours (mixture will be easier to handle after chilling).
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon patties. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until cooked through (160 degrees F). Serve with Lime Mayonnaise on buns with lettuce.
- In a bowl stir together mayonnaise, red onion, and lime juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts(Salmon Burgers with Lime Mayonnaise)
- Per serving:
- 437 kcal cal.,
- 30 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 173 mg chol.,
- 544 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet