Red Snapper and Vegetables
6 ounces fresh or frozen red snapper fillets (with skin), 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
cups broccoli florets
cup purchased pesto
Additional pesto (optional)
- Thaw fish, if frozen. If desired, remove and discard skin; set fish aside.
- Microcook potatoes in a microwave-safe medium bowl, covered, on 100-percent power (high) for 5 to 7 minutes or until nearly tender, stirring once. Add broccoli and about half of the pesto; toss to coat.
- Tear off four 12-inch squares of foil. Divide vegetable mixture into 4 portions, placing 1 portion in the center of each square. Top each with a fish fillet, tucking under any thin edges of fillets. Spoon remaining pesto over fillets.
- Bring up 2 opposite edges of foil; seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges together to enclose mixture, leaving space for steam to build.
- Grill packets on the rack of and uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork (carefully open one packet to check for fish doneness). Pass additional pesto, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Test Kitchen Tip:
Precooking the potatoes prior to grilling allows the potatoes and fish to get done at the same time.
Nutrition Facts(Red Snapper and Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 376 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 67 mg chol.,
- 245 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 42 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet