Poached Salmon with Dilled Sour Cream
pounds fresh or frozen salmon fillets
teaspoon coarse ground white pepper
cup dry white wine
teaspoon coriander seed
star anise or 1/2 teaspoon anise seed
lemon, cut into thick slices
head Bibb or Boston lettuce, torn into large pieces
cup light dairy sour cream
tablespoon snipped fresh dill
tablespoon lime juice
Salt and pepper
Fresh dill (optional)
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Remove any skin; cut fish into six 1/2-inch-thick portions. Sprinkle fish with white pepper.
- Combine the wine, water, coriander seed, star anise or anise seed, and lemon slices in a large skillet. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat to simmering. Carefully place the fish fillets in a single layer in the bottom of the skillet; cover and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes for each 1/2 inch of thickness or until fish just flakes when tested with a fork. Carefully remove fish fillets with a slotted spatula. Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- In a small mixing bowl combine sour cream, dill, and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until serving time.
- Arrange lettuce on six dinner plates. Top with fish fillets. Spoon Dilled Sour Cream over each serving. Garnish with fresh dill, if desired, and cucumber slices. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Poached Salmon with Dilled Sour Cream)
- Per serving:
- 230 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 76 mg chol.,
- 118 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet