Pecan Salmon with Sweet Pepper Mayo
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Slice fish in half horizontally so that it is of nearly an even thickness (about 1/2 inch thick). Cut fish into 6 equal portions.
- In a shallow dish combine pecans, bread crumbs, black pepper, and salt. In another dish beat together egg and water; place flour in a third dish. Coat each fish portion with flour, dip in egg mixture, and finally in pecan mixture. Place portions on a large plate; cover and chill for up to 30 minutes while preparing mayonnaise mixture.
- For mayonnaise mixture, pat the drained, roasted peppers dry on paper towels; coarsely chop. In a small serving bowl stir together chopped peppers, mayonnaise or salad dressing, chutney, lemon juice, garlic salt, and ground red pepper. Set aside.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook for 3 minutes. Turn fish; cook for 3 to 4 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. (Reduce heat as necessary during cooking to prevent overbrowning.) Serve with mayonnaise mixture. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Pecan Salmon with Sweet Pepper Mayo)
- Per serving:
- 379 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 61 mg chol.,
- 457 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet