- In a medium bowl stir together butter, juice from half the lemon, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cut remaining lemon into wedges for serving; set aside.
- Lightly brush some of the butter mixture on cut sides of bread; set bread aside. Stir 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning into remaining butter mixture. Add shrimp and jalapeno; toss to coat. Place shrimp mixture in a large grill tray or grill wok.
- Place grill tray on grill rack directly over medium coals for 10 to 14 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, tossing occasionally. Add baguettes to grill rack, cut sides down, in batches and grill about 2 minutes or until toasted. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place grill tray over heat. Cover; grill as above.)
- Sprinkle sliced peaches with 1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning. Gently fold peaches into hot shrimp mixture. In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and black pepper. To serve, spread a little black pepper mayonnaise on cut side of top halves of baguette pieces. Pile shrimp mixture on bottom halves. Top with crumbled bacon. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lemon wedges. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
When working with hot chile peppers, wear plastic gloves or wash hands well after cutting; the peppers contain oil that may burn skin and eyes.
Nutrition Facts (Peachy Po-Boy)
- Per serving:
- 554 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 186 mg chol.,
- 1167 mg sodium,
- 55 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet