Old-Fashioned Salmon Salad
cup canola or vegetable oil
cup cherry preserves
tablespoons cider vinegar
teaspoons yellow mustard
grilled salmon portions from Salmon Hobo Packs
small pear, cored and coarsely chopped
avocado, seeded, peeled, and chopped
cup sliced green onions (about 4)
cup honey-roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper
cups spinach or arugula leaves, coarsely shredded
10 inches flour tortillas
Lemon and Lime Wedges
- In a blender container combine oil, cherry preserves, vinegar, and mustard; cover and blend until combined.
- Flake salmon into large chunks. In a large bowl combine salmon, pear, avocado, green onions, nuts, and cheese; toss with preserve mixture to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with shredded spinach, folded tortillas, and lemon and lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Old-Fashioned Salmon Salad)
- Per serving:
- 829 kcal cal.,
- 50 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 12 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 26 g monounsatured fat),
- 60 mg chol.,
- 704 mg sodium,
- 69 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 28 g sugar,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet