- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 center-cut swordfish steaks, about 1 inch thick
- olive oil
- sea salt
- fine-ground white pepper
- 1 recipe Nutty Browned Butter Sauce (recipe below)
1. Build a charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill.
2. Brush the fish steaks on both sides with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on the cooking grate and grill for about 5 minutes on each side or until the fish is opaque and releases easily from the grill.
3. Remove from the grill and to a clean platter. Top with the sauce, and serve immediately.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup pecan, hazelnut, or almond pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fine ground white pepper
1. Put the butter in a cold saute pan. Over medium-low heat, slowly melt the butter. Add the nuts, stirring occasionally as they brown.
2. Season with the salt and white pepper. You will need to watch the pan closely, as the butter can burn very quickly.
3. When the butter reaches the desired color (dark caramel) remove from the heat, cover, and set aside. Either keep warm or gently reheat before using. Best made the day you want to use it.
4. Spoon over cooked food just before serving. If desired, serve extra on the side.