- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 3 1/2 ounce can tuna or skinless, boneless salmon, drained and broken into chunks
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped, seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped red or white onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 small pita bread rounds
- Leaf lettuce
1. In a medium mixing bowl stir together the tuna or salmon, egg, tomato, olives, onion, and, if desired, capers. Set aside.
2. For dressing, in a small mixing bowl stir together the mayonnaise or salad dressing, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper. Stir dressing into the tuna or salmon mixture.
3. To serve, cut the pita bread rounds in half crosswise, forming 4 pockets. Line each pocket with lettuce leaves. Spoon about 1/3 cup of the tuna or salmon mixture into each pita pocket. To serve, if desired, cut the pockets in half, forming 8 triangles. Makes 2 servings.
- Tummy-warming cheese soup goes well with these hearty sandwiches.
- Servings Per Recipe 2,
- cal. (kcal) 434,
- Fat, total (g) 26,
- chol. (mg) 142,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 31,
- pro. (g) 19,
- sodium (mg) 653,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet