- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 ounces fresh or frozen rock lobster tails
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Lemon wedges (optional)
1. Thaw lobster, if frozen. Rinse lobster; pat dry with paper towels. Butterfly tails by using kitchen shears or a sharp knife to cut lengthwise through centers of hard top shells and meat, cutting to, but not through, bottoms of shells. Press shell halves of tails apart with your fingers.
2. For sauce, in a small saucepan melt butter. Remove from heat. Stir in chives and lemon peel. Remove 2 tablespoons of the sauce; set the remaining sauce aside.
3. Lightly grease the rack of a gas grill. Preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Brush lobster meat with some of the 2 tablespoons sauce. Place lobster, meat sides down, on the grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill for 6 minutes. Turn lobster. Brush with the rest of the 2 tablespoons sauce. Cover and grill for 6 to 8 minutes more or until lobster meat is opaque.
4. Heat the reserved sauce, stirring occasionally. Transfer the sauce to small bowls for dipping and serve with lobster. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Makes 4 servings.
- To grill lobster on a charcoal grill, prepare as above except cook tails directly over medium coals for 6 minutes. Turn; brush with remaining sauce and cook 6 to 8 minutes more or until lobster meat is opaque.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 214,
- Fat, total (g) 17,
- chol. (mg) 118,
- sat. fat (g) 10,
- carb. (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 15,
- vit. A (RE) 175,
- vit. C (mg) 2,
- sodium (mg) 395,
- calcium (mg) 40,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet