Lobster Tails with Chive Butter
- Thaw lobster, if frozen. Rinse lobster; pat dry with paper towels. Butterfly tails by using kitchen shears or a sharp knife to cut lengthwise through centers of hard top shells and meat, cutting to, but not through, bottoms of shells. Press shell halves of tails apart with your fingers.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan melt butter. Remove from heat. Stir in chives and lemon peel. Remove 2 tablespoons of the sauce; set the remaining sauce aside.
- Lightly grease the rack of a gas grill. Preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Brush lobster meat with some of the 2 tablespoons sauce. Place lobster, meat sides down, on the grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill for 6 minutes. Turn lobster. Brush with the rest of the 2 tablespoons sauce. Cover and grill for 6 to 8 minutes more or until lobster meat is opaque.
- Heat the reserved sauce, stirring occasionally. Transfer the sauce to small bowls for dipping and serve with lobster. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Charcoal Grilling Method:
To grill lobster on a charcoal grill, prepare as above except cook tails directly over medium coals for 6 minutes. Turn; brush with remaining sauce and cook 6 to 8 minutes more or until lobster meat is opaque.
Nutrition Facts (Lobster Tails with Chive Butter)
- Per serving:
- 214 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 118 mg chol.,
- 395 mg sodium,
- 1 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet