- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 teaspoons margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 8 ounces cubed fresh or frozen cooked lobster or refrigerated chunk-style lobster-flavored fish pieces
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/8 teaspoon white or black pepper
- dash ground red pepper
- 2 English Muffins, split and toasted
- Snipped fresh chives (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan melt margarine or butter. Stir in flour and salt. Add the milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
2. Stir about half of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks. Return all to saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
3. Stir in lobster, dry sherry, white or black pepper, and ground red pepper.
4. Heat through. Serve over English muffin halves. If desired, garnish with snipped chives.
5. Makes 4 servings.Exchanges::
6. 1 Starch, 2 Lean Meat, 1/2 Milk
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 223,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 149,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 22,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 19,
- sodium (mg) 629,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet