Milk replaces cream in this low-fat version of an easy-to-fix classic. Serve this brunch or lunchtime favorite for a gathering of special friends.
- In a medium saucepan melt margarine or butter. Stir in flour and salt. Add the milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Stir about half of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks. Return all to saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in lobster, dry sherry, white or black pepper, and ground red pepper.
- Heat through. Serve over English muffin halves. If desired, garnish with snipped chives.
- Makes 4 servings.
- 1 Starch, 2 Lean Meat, 1/2 Milk
Nutrition Facts (Lobster Newburg)
- Per serving:
- 223 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 149 mg chol.,
- 629 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet