Lime-Sauced Fish and Cucumbers
pound fresh or frozen skinless, boneless firm-fleshed fish such as cusk, swordfish, or sea bass
cup dry white wine
cup chicken broth
tablespoons lime juice
teaspoon ground ginger
teaspoon ground coriander
Nonstick spray coating
medium cucumbers, seeded, or zucchini, cut into 2x1/2-inch sticks
medium green or red sweet pepper, cut into 3/4-inch squares
teaspoon cooking oil
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Cut into 3/4-inch pieces; set aside.
- For sauce, stir together wine, chicken broth, lime juice, cornstarch, honey, ginger, coriander, and pepper. Set aside.
- Spray a wok or large skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add cucumbers; stir-fry 1-1/2 minutes. Add green or red pepper; stir-fry about 1-1/2 minutes more or until crisp-tender. Remove from wok.
- Add half of the fish to wok and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from wok. Add oil to hot wok. Add remaining fish and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Return all fish to wok. Push fish from center of wok.
- Stir sauce and add to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return vegetables to wok; stir ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Serve with lime wedges, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Lime-Sauced Fish and Cucumbers)
- Per serving:
- 161 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- 62 mg chol.,
- 129 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet