Lime Barbecue Salmon Sandwiches
- At least 1 hour before grilling, soak plank in enough water to cover. Weight down plank to keep it submerged during soaking. Drain plank.
- Thaw salmon, if frozen. Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine lime peel, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Brush lime mixture over both sides of salmon.
- For a charcoal grill, place plank on the grill rack directly over medium coals; heat about 5 minutes or until plank begins to crackle and smoke. Place salmon on plank. Cover; grill salmon for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Grill salmon as above.)
- Serve salmon on sourdough rolls topped with Apple Slaw. Makes 4 sandwiches.
- In a medium bowl, stir together lime peel, lime juice, olive oil or salad oil, and salt. Add apple; green cabbage; onion rings; and cilantro. Toss mixture to combine. Cover and chill for up to 1 hour, stirring once. Makes about 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Lime Barbecue Salmon Sandwiches)
- Per serving:
- 524 kcal cal.,
- 24 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 99 mg chol.,
- 669 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 39 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet