- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 pound fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch slices (2 cups)
- 1 large red sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Lemon wedges (optional)
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen.
2. Peel shrimp leaving tails intact. Devein shrimp; rinse and pat dry. Set aside.
3. Cook zucchini in a small amount of lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes; drain. On eight 12-inch skewers, alternately thread shrimp, zucchini, and red sweet pepper.
4. In a small saucepan cook garlic in margarine or butter. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, ground red pepper, and salt. Set aside.
5. Grill kabobs directly over hot coals for 5 minutes. Brush kabobs with lemon mixture. Turn kabobs and brush again. Grill for 3 to 7 minutes more or until shrimp turn opaque. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 134,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 131,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 15,
- sodium (mg) 285,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet