Lemony Scampi Kabobs
pound fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells
small zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch slices (2 cups)
large red sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1-1/2 cups)
clove garlic, minced
tablespoons margarine or butter
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoons lemon juice
teaspoon ground red pepper
Lemon wedges (optional)
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen.
- Peel shrimp leaving tails intact. Devein shrimp; rinse and pat dry. Set aside.
- Cook zucchini in a small amount of lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes; drain. On eight 12-inch skewers, alternately thread shrimp, zucchini, and red sweet pepper.
- In a small saucepan cook garlic in margarine or butter. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, ground red pepper, and salt. Set aside.
- Grill kabobs directly over hot coals for 5 minutes. Brush kabobs with lemon mixture. Turn kabobs and brush again. Grill for 3 to 7 minutes more or until shrimp turn opaque. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Lemony Scampi Kabobs)
- Per serving:
- 134 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 131 mg chol.,
- 285 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet