Lemon Grilled Salmon with Corn Salad
cups cooked and cooled fresh or frozen yellow corn kernels
tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
tablespoons pure maple syrup
tablespoons lemon juice
cups fresh blueberries
teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon ground black pepper
4 ounces fresh skinless salmon fillets
Nonstick cooking spray
Lemon slices and/or fresh basil sprigs (optional)
- For corn salad, in bowl combine corn, sweet pepper, chives, basil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and the 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add blueberries; toss gently to combine.
- In small bowl combine lemon peel, cumin, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper. Sprinkle mixture over salmon fillets. Lightly coat both sides of salmon fillets with nonstick spray.
- For charcoal grill, grill salmon fillets on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, carefully turning once halfway through grilling. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place salmon fillets on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Serve grilled salmon with corn salad. Garnish with lemon slices and/or fresh basil sprigs. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Lemon Grilled Salmon with Corn Salad)
- Per serving:
- 342 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 67 mg chol.,
- 507 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet