Need a low-fat main dish that can be prepared in 20 minutes? Italian-style stewed tomatoes and tomato bisque soup are a delicious duo for white fish.
0 did it
- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 3 ounces fish + 3/4 cup pasta + 1/2 cup sauce
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Preheat broiler. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. If necessary, cut fish into six serving-size pieces. Measure thickness of fish. Place fish on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan. Turn any thin portions under to make uniform thickness. Sprinkle with salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Broil about 4 inches from the heat just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Allow 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish. (If fillets are 1 inch thick or more, turn once halfway through broiling.)
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan cook mushrooms in hot oil until tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato bisque soup, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is heated through.
- Spoon pasta onto plates; top with some of the sauce, fish fillets, and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Makes 6 servings
Nutrition Facts (Italian-Style Fish)
- Per serving:
- 369 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 54 mg chol.,
- 724 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet