- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 3 mins to 7 mins 350°F
pound skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
tablespoon snipped fresh dillweed
tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or lemon thyme
tablespoon snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley or bias-sliced chives
teaspoon ground black pepper
Lemon peel and fresh herbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Rinse fish; pat dry. Shred 1 teaspoon of peel from lemon; set aside. Cut lemon in half; juice half the lemon. In a small bowl combine lemon peel, snipped herbs, salt, pepper, and butter; stir to combine. Spread evenly on the salmon.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick oven-going skillet over medium heat. Add salmon, herb side down. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn salmon; pour lemon juice over salmon. Place pan in oven and bake for 3 to 7 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer salmon to serving plates; drizzle with pan juices. Top with additional shredded lemon peel and snipped fresh herbs.
Nutrition Facts (Herbed Salmon)
- Per serving:
- 294 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 78 mg chol.,
- 401 mg sodium,
- 3 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet