Grouper with Red Pepper Sauce
- Thaw fish, if frozen. For sauce, in a small saucepan cook sweet pepper in hot margarine over medium heat until tender. Stir in tomato, sugar, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, and ground red pepper. Cook for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Return to saucepan; cover and keep warm.*
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. In a small bowl combine the lemon juice, oil, and rosemary. Brush both sides of fish with lemon mixture.
- For a charcoal grill, place fish in a greased wire grill basket, tucking under any thin edges. Place basket on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning basket once. (Allow 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish.) (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place fish in greased grill basket on grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Or, place fish on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan, tucking under any thin edges. Broil about 4 inches from the heat. (Allow 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish.) If fish is 1 inch thick, turn once during broiling.
- Serve the sauce with fish. Makes 2 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
If desired, prepare the sauce ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to grill. Before serving, reheat the sauce.
For 4 servings:
Prepare as above, except use a medium saucepan (in step 1).
Nutrition Facts (Grouper with Red Pepper Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 197 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 42 mg chol.,
- 245 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet