Grilled Tuna Salad
pound fresh or frozen tuna steaks, cut 1 inch thick
tablespoons sherry vinegar
tablespoons finely chopped shallots
tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
tablespoons olive oil
anchovy fillet, rinsed and mashed
Salt and ground black pepper
ounces tiny new potatoes, quartered
ounces fresh green beans
cups Bibb or romaine lettuce leaves
cup thinly sliced radishes
cup nioise olives or ripe olives, pitted
Cracked black pepper (optional)
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. For dressing, in small bowl combine vinegar and shallots. Whisk in mustard. Whisking constantly, add oil in a steady thin stream. Stir in anchovy; season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove 1 tablespoon dressing to brush fish; set aside remaining dressing until ready to serve.
- Preheat broiler on high setting. Brush the 1 tablespoon dressing over all sides of fish. Place fish on greased unheated rack of broiler pan. Broil about 4 inches from heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, gently turning once halfway through broiling. (Or grill fish on the greased rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8 to 12 minutes, gently turning once halfway through grilling.) Slice fish.
- Meanwhile, in covered medium saucepan cook potatoes in a large amount of boiling water for 7 minutes. Add green beans; cook about 2 minutes more or until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Arrange fish, potatoes, green beans, lettuce leaves, radishes, and olives on a platter. Sprinkle with red onion and black pepper. Serve with remaining dressing. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Grilled Tuna Salad)
- Per serving:
- 282 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 51 mg chol.,
- 408 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet