- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 fresh serrano pepper
- 1 small papaya and/or mango, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped, peeled jicama
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1/3 cup chopped red sweet pepper
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein, leaving tails intact, if desired. Stir together melted butter or margarine, salt, cumin, white pepper, and ground red pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle over shrimp, tossing to coat.
2. For salsa, wear plastic gloves to halve serrano pepper; remove seeds, stem, and veins; finely chop. In a bowl toss together serrano pepper, papaya or mango, sweet pepper, jicama, pineapple or orange juice, and cilantro or parsley. Set aside.
3. Spray a grill basket with nonstick coating. Arrange shrimp in basket. Close basket. Or, thread shrimp on 8 metal skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Place basket or skewers on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove shrimp from basket. Serve shrimp with salsa. Makes 6 servings.
- In a covered grill arrange preheated coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place grill basket or skewers on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque, turning once halfway through grilling.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 102,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- chol. (mg) 136,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 5,
- pro. (g) 14,
- vit. A (RE) 196,
- vit. C (mg) 33,
- sodium (mg) 259,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet